ANACONDA DIVING, BRAZIL
Boat Expedition into the Pantanal Wetlands & Diving with Anacondas
Date: 15-20 July 2022
Start in Campo Grande - End in Campo Grande
Group size: 3 travelers only
Price: 8890 USD per person
*Applicants must be qualified for PADI Open Water or equivalent at the minimum.
*Booking available until 30 April 2022
ABOUT THE EXPEDITION
We will explore a region of Midwest Brazil that still retains much of its original characteristics. The Bonito area offers the ideal conditions for thrilling experiences such as snorkeling with large schools of fish or hopefully diving with large anacondas in crystal clear-rivers with several meters of visibility. These are protected environments and excellent infrastructure to ensure you a great adventure. The region interconnects directly with the Pantanal Wetlands through their waterways, thus providing many opportunities for encounters with other wildlife. Leading our expedition will be specialized guides who know the region well and – together with local staff – will be a valuable and pleasant companion to help you increase your photo and video opportunities. Reaching the right spots to seek out the anacondas is not easy or fast. However, on this expedition, every detail is planned in advance, providing the best opportunity for the best encounters, thus optimizing your time and investment without putting aside all the necessary security. After all, as keen travelers, we know that traveling should always be a pleasant experience and worries must be a minor concern. Relax and enjoy every moment with your heart and soul – we’ll take care of the rest!
- Arrival in Campo Grande Airport (CGR) coming from your previous destination. Land transfer from airport to Bonito (approx. 4 hours travel time). Lunch (not included) on the way.
- We recommend you book your arrival flights for Campo Grande no later than 12PM, as this drive takes approximately 4 hours and we avoid traveling at night. We arrive at Bonito in the afternoon and check-in at Pousada Olho d’Água.
In the evening we will get together for a meeting to discuss the plans for the trip. - Dinner (Included) and overnight at hotel.
DAY 2 - 5
- We will have breakfast (included) at hotel, meeting with crew and drive towards the Formoso River marshes.
- Board on boat with local staff in the Formoso River, where we will search for anacondas and other interesting wildlife such as caimans. This activity includes scuba diving/snorkeling (dependent on where the animals are), in waters up to 4-5 meters deep.
- Whenever the communication network permits, we will be in constant contact with suppliers that work at other rivers where anacondas may be found. If one is located at any of our other location, we may immediately drive to the place attempting to watch and photograph/film the scene.
- Lunch (included): snacks on-the-go available on the boat, land vehicle or at the river bank with sandwiches, granola bars, fruits, juices and mineral water.
- Back to hotel by afternoon. Dinner in town or at hotel (included).
- Departure day. Breakfast (included) at hotel, check-out and land transfer to Campo Grande Airport in time for your flight to next destination. We recommend a flight departing not earlier than 2:00 PM (Lunch not included).
*INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS; For international travel, you need to fly into Sao Paulo International airport Guarulhos (GRU). From there you can book your domestic flights to Campo Grande (CGR).
- 4 days swimming with anacondas
- Night safaris
- Bilingual guide during our expedition
- 5 nights stay at hotel
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinners (during the tour dates)
- Transfers from Campo Grande to Bonito (Round-trip)
- All land and boat transfers during our stay in Bonito
- Photography coaching
- International flight to/from Sao Paulo (GRU)
- Round trip domestic flight Sao Paulo (GRU) - Campo Grande (CGR)
- Hotel stay in El Campo if needed,
- Crew gratuities
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Trip insurance
Saga club discount: You are automatically offered our club membership after your first expedition. The following discount applies: 3% on 2nd trip, 5% on 3rd trip, 7% on 4th trip or 10% all after. This cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
Payment & Deposit:
35% deposit payment is required for reserving your spots
Balance payment is due 60 days before the departure date. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of booking.
If the booking is made within 60 days of departure date, full payment is required.
In any case of cancellation, 20% of the deposit payment is refundable or the whole amount can be kept as credits for any other Saga expeditions within 2 years of the cancellation date.
In any case of cancellation, if full payment is made, a full refund will be issued minus a 10% cancellation fee and any cost to the third parties.
If the cancellation is due to COVID19, a full refund will be issued minus any cost incurred. We always attempt to maximize the refund for our client’s benefit!
In the event of premature departure during the expedition for any reason, no refund will be issued.
All of our expeditions take you through one of the most challenging roads in the world. While the Saga team endeavors to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate agenda of activities rather than a rigid schedule. Trip itineraries are subject to last-minute, and on-the-ground revision due to weather, road conditions, government and local restrictions, and other reasons beyond our control. Note that the order of visits and excursions can be modified according to local conditions (i.e. state of roads, market days etc.). If some visits and/or tours could not be done due to external conditions, they will be replaced when possible. Your safety is always our first priority!